Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

It's pumpkin carving time!

OK, can I be perfectly honest? I'm 38 weeks pregnant, so uncomfortable, and the last thing I felt like doing tonight was carving pumpkins. And that makes me feel like such a scrooge, especially since I am usually all about holidays and holiday traditions. But it needed to get done, and I admit, I went into with the attitude that I would "supervise".... I really wasn't planning on doing much besides taking pictures. But once we got started the "Halloween Spirit" got a hold of me and I actually ended up having a lot of fun.

L wasn't too into it...... He said the insides of the pumpkins looked like "Ooyey, gooey, icky spiderwebs." I guess I can't totally argue with him. He did give specific directions as to what we should draw/carve on each pumpkin though.

Our first pumpkin was a shooting star theme:


And this handsome gentleman was named "Chalky" and L thought he was scary, but funny, looking.


L2 thought the whole process was fun, but he pretty much likes anything new. And he kept trying to figure out if this was maybe something he could eat.




Overall, it was a success and I'm glad I snapped out of my mood. I can't believe this will be our last Halloween as a family of four! Next year we will have three little boys to wrangle..... even the thought makes me exhausted! But also so happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment