Friday, October 25, 2013

L2's second birthday!

Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy!!!

His birthday was actually yesterday, this post is coming at you a day late. I have no excuse except.... oh yeah, I'm freaking pregnant as can be. So that's my excuse.

Anyway, as I was saying.....

Happy, happy, happy birthday to my amazing L2. I cannot believe you are two years old. It has been an amazing two years, full of so many great memories and milestones, but also a bit of a roller coaster. You taught us things I never expected to learn. You taught us, me, how to be a better parent. We had doctor appointment after doctor appointment, and months and months of frustration and no answers. I saw you struggle with certain things and I was sure my heart would break in two, but you have always been so strong and so determined. (Also, pretty darn stubborn.... but we love that about you!)

In the last six months, we finally saw all the puzzle pieces fall into place. We were given answers, but more importantly we were given solutions. We are so incredibly lucky, because I know that their are many parents out there who don't get good news in situations like these. They don't get "cures" and they don't get to see that light at the end of the tunnel. We did and we are grateful everyday.

In the last six months we have watched you flourish. We have watched you meet and exceed all of our expectations. We are so proud of you.

Yesterday you had your two year doctor appointment and she said you were a different kid than the one she saw six months ago. You are happy, and healthy and exactly where you need to be. We have a little more work to do, but that light at the end gets brighter everyday.

I love you. Thank you for being so strong over the last two years, Thank you for always being a stubborn, little fighter. Thank you for always showing us that you could do this.

OK, enough of the mush..... let's talk about your day yesterday and what being two is looking like for you! We started the day dropping your big brother off at preschool and then you and I went for a mommy/son breakfast date at a local bakery.  You have such a sweet tooth, so you were very happy with your blueberry muffin!

(A little annoyed at me for taking pictures when he was trying to eat!)

The rest of our day was busy. You had your doctor appointment.... sorry about having to do that on your birthday! We ran errands and went to the bookstore for a bit, and then went back to get L from school. We went to a nicer birthday dinner for you at Oregano's the other night, so we decided to take you and L to McDonald's for your actual birthday dinner. This is something we never do, so you and your brother were in seventh heaven! You chowed down on a cheeseburger and fries and then you and your brother played in the play area.  I have a feeling this is something you guys will be asking for on future birthdays!

After dinner we came home and did cupcakes, signing and presents. You liked being the center of attention while we all sang to you, and I think we can definitely add cupcakes to one of your favorite foods! (I'm not sure if I'll ever get all the crumbs off my floor!)




You had a nice little pile of presents to open, and L made sure to help you every step of the way. You were pretty patient with him, even if he was having a bit of a hard time with the fact that it was your birthday and not his!






Happy birthday, my love! We absolutely love everything about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment