Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pool time


Well, summer is officially here in Phoenix. And by that I mean the temperatures have been soaring into the 90's and even hit the low 100's last week. We are in for another hot summer, but for now we are enjoying the nice weather. This is probably my favorite time of year in Phoenix. While a lot of part of the country are still bundled in sweaters and getting the occasional snow storm, we are pulling of pool covers, stocking up on sun screen and getting the BBQ;s ready. The days are hot enough for splash pads and Popsicles and pool trips, but not so hot that you don't want to leave the house (that happens in July), and the nights cool down enough so that it is perfect weather to sit on the back porch with a glass of wine and a good book.

In four months I will be craving fall. I will be ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will be lighting pumpkin spice candles and making pots of chili and pairing boots with skinny jeans while I look longingly at heavy winter pea coats that we have no need for in Phoenix. It happens every year, by the end of September i will be over the summer heat and will be vowing to move away from Phoenix as soon as possible.

But for now I am relishing in the smell of sun screen, I am loving opening all the windows in the morning and enjoying the warm, fresh air. I am ready for hot dogs and cold beers and the fourth of July.

We hit the pool today, and even though we played a bit in it when the cousins were here, I consider today our first official pool day. We even took L2 in, and it seems like he is going to be as much of a water baby as L is.

I didn't last in the pool as long as S and L did. What can I say, I'm kind of a wuss when the water is even a little cold. But I did go in with L2 and got a chance to work on my tan (much needed!). It was also that first dreaded moment of donning a swimsuit. Never a fun time for any women, but after two kids it's especially terrifying!

So this marks the beginning of our summer season! Bring on the sun and pool, we are ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment