Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary!


Happy four year anniversary to S and me! Well, actually is was a few days ago on the 26th, but as usual this post is coming a bit late. Four years. Wow. It is amazing how little time that is in the grand scheme of things, but it is even more amazing how much has changed in four years. Four years ago we were fresh out of college. We both had full time jobs and therefore a fair amount of disposable income. We often ate dinner at eight o'clock or later and then would sit down with some wine and watch a movie well past midnight. We went out on weekend night and slept in late. We took spontaneous trips and ate our more then we stayed in. Life was good, but it has gotten even better!

Now we have two beautiful baby boys. We watch every penny so I can stay home with them. Dinner is by five thirty and staying up late now means we are up until eleven. Sleeping in is seven o'clock. When we eat out we have to make sure there is kids menus and crayons. Everything has to be planned to make sure we have diapers and wipes and bottles and toys......

I wouldn't change it for anything.

The best thing about marrying your best friend and the man of your dreams is realizing how much more you can fall in love with him once you realize what an amazing Daddy he is. And S is the best daddy I have ever seen.

Anyway, back to our anniversary, I woke up on Thursday (early, as the kiddos are now up by six everyday) to a brewed pot of coffee, a sweet card and a box full of pastries. It defiantly brightened my morning!


As I said before, we are pinching pennies these days so we didn't do anything too big. But we did exchange small gifts, I picked up some yummy munchies for dinner as well as some champagne,  and of course there had to be cake! We gave L2 a bottle and set him down for a little nap and put on a movie for L and we sat around and ate and drank champagne and chatted about our day.... all while keeping an eye on the kids!



I tried to get a picture of all of us, but with a six month old and a toddler it was pretty much impossible. Here is a mash up of the best pictures I could manage of my lovely little family. I love them so much!



And, as luck would have it, my Dad ended up coming into town this weekend to teach a class so we called on him to babysit for a few hours and actually went out just the two of us. That's right, a dinner with no need for crayons or juice cups or bibs. I even wore high heels! We went to a yummy sushi dinner and then went to a near by bar to sit on the patio and have beer. We talked and laughed and had grown up time, and it was much needed. It really made me realize that we needed to find a good babysitter and do this more often. It was good for us to remember who we are without the kids. 


And to  top of our lovely, grown up, sophisticated, romantic evening? To follow our sushi dinner and our adult convo and our ice cold beers..... what did we do?

We remembered that we had a Kohl's coupon that expired that night and L needed new socks. So we left the bar, hit our local Kohl's, got L two packs of socks, debated on a cute pair of overalls for L2 and then headed home by eight thirty to kiss our kids good night.

I was laughing the whole time we were in Kohl's, but I think it's a pretty good representation of where we are in life right now. Yeah, it's nice to revisit what we were like before kids and go to a bar and leave the kids at home.... but I love this man so much that even a shopping trip to Kohl's is a perfect ending to a prefect evening for me.

And we were both ready to get home to the boys. It was nice to get away for a few hours, but by the end of the night we missed them.

Happy anniversary, S! I love you more each day and each year. Thank you for our beautiful boys and I can't wait to see what the rest of our years together bring us!

I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment