Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve!

It's hard to believe that 2015 is coming to a close. I swear, the older I get, the quicker the years go by. I guess that's life though, right?

2015 was a good year for us. In February I celebrated my (gulp!) 31st birthday and we took a trip quick trip down to California to celebrate Valentine's Day.

In March we drove to Reno for the boys spring break. It was the first time I'd been back since my parents sold the house, which was hard, but it was still a great trip.

In April we had old friends come to visit from Colorado, took the boys camping, and celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary.

In May both boys finished up the school year, and we geared up for summer vacation.

June and July brought us long, hot days by the pool, trips to Sedona, an amazing visit from my sister and her family, as well as my parents, and we celebrated S's 31st birthday.

August got a bit crazy. L2 started his second year of Pre-school and L started KINDERGARTEN!!! It was a proud, emotional, bittersweet time for me. R moved out of his crib, after being caught climbing out of it numerous times. The biggest thing in August is S got a promotion that required him to go to Pennsylvania for 10 weeks to train. He left about a week after the boys started school and it was hard and a big adjustment for all of us!

In September L turned 6 and S got to come back for a week long visit. I started to find my footing as a "temporary single mom", and started to feel confident that I could do this!

In October L2 turned 4, we celebrated Halloween with good friends, and most importantly, S finally came back from Pennsylvania for good! We were so happy to have our Daddy back!

November brought is R's second birthday and another fun camping trip, although it was much colder this time!

And then, finally, December. This month was filled with holidays and school stuff and friends and family. It's always my favorite time of the year, and I'm always a little sad when it's over. But now I'm looking forward to a new year, and excited to see what it bring for our family!

I hope everyone had as wonderful a 2015 as we did, and I wish you all a safe and happy 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment