Friday, March 25, 2016

Spring Training and Colorado

After years of begging and making plans that never came through, last weekend one of S's best friends from high school and his wonderful girlfriend came to visit us! We've been wanting them to come out for a Spring Training weekend forever, and the timing finally worked out for them to get out!

Unfortunately, I had a family situation (my uncle passed away) and the funeral was scheduled for the same weekend in Colorado. isn't that always the way things work out? Obviously family comes   fist, and there was no question that I would be going to the funeral, but I have to admit that I was bummed about missing the fun weekend that we had planned months ago.

But, there's always a silver lining, right? Our friends came in late Thursday night and my flight to Colorado didn't leave until late Friday night, so I got to spend one amazingly fun day with them!




After getting the two big boys off to school, we took R and headed to a Spring Training game. We are incredibly lucky  that we live within walking distance of one of the stadiums, and nothing beats hanging out in beautiful 80 degree weather with a hot dog and a beer in March!


(R was very impressed with all the stadium food!)

(This stud of mine!)

We spent a wonderful day at the game and headed home just in time my mom and I to call an uber and head to the airport! It was a long day, but well worth it!

(Mom and I on the airplane!)

And the weekend in Colorado was great, despite being a very sad occasion. I think every family has drama and dysfunction, but at the end of the day these crazy people are mine. It's been years since I've seen my cousins, but being with them again was amazing and felt as though no time had passed!


(Me and my "twin" cousin…. we were born only two weeks apart and are so similar it's crazy!)



As sad as I was to miss time with our friends, I'm so happy I was in colorado and got to reconnect with everyone this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment