Friday, August 7, 2015

L2's first day of Pre-school (year two!)

Ok, here we are a few days late, but L2 had his first day of Pre-school (year 2) on Wednesday!



I'll admit, I was a little apprehensive about him. He loved school at the end of last year, but I'll never forget his first day. I dropped him off and he clung to me and sobbed. When I finally peeled myself away, and left the room, I could hear him wailing and pounding on the doors with his little hands. Pretty much enough to break a mama's heart and make me feel like I had just ensured he would need years of therapy. 

Luckily, this year was a completely different story. Seriously, I could barely get the kid to say goodbye to me. He ran right into the room, put his backpack down, and started playing. When I asked him for a hug and a kiss, he ran over, gave me and R a quick smooch and ran back to playing. Trust me, I know it's a great thing that both of my kids are adjusting to school so well, but part of me is like, "seriously, are you guys going to miss me at all?"


Apparently the answer to that is: "No, not really."

But that's ok. I'm glad they are loving it and I'm glad they are excited to go learn. This week has been an adjustment, and I"m exhausted, but overall it's been great!


No comments:

Post a Comment