Saturday, August 15, 2015

Big changes

So, I mentioned a few posts ago that we had some big changes coming up.

No, not pregnant. Let's just get that out of the way.

Here's the thing. My husband is a hard worker. Like, and incredibly hard worker. He often works 60+ hours a week in order to provide for our family and keep me home with our boys. I can tell you he definitely works harder then I ever have at any job. And he's a good employee. He cares about his job. He takes pride in his work.

And all that hard work is paying off. He just got a promotion that he worked super hard for. Words can't even tell you how proud of him I am. He deserves this. He earned this.

But here's the catch. Here's the thing that going to be bit of an upheaval for our family. This amazing promotion requires some intensive and long job training. At the companies headquarters. In Pennsylvania.

For ten weeks.

Yeah, I said ten weeks. As in, almost three months. As in, he won't be coming back until late October, at the earliest. Let that sink in for a minute.

So, I'm having a lot of mixed emotions right now. Like I said, I"m proud beyond belief. I'm excited for him. I'm devastated at the thought of him being gone for so long. I'm scared about doing this parenting thing on my own for so long. I'm going to miss my backup, my partner, and my best friend.

He's leaving tomorrow. By tomorrow night he will be alone in an apartment and we will be fending for ourselves. The boys are sad, and I'm sure there will be some acting out in the next few weeks as they adjust. We've tried to explain it to them, but I'm sure they won't actually get it until he's gone.

So, that's where we are at right now. Excited, scared, proud, sad. Lot's of emotions. But we are ready for this. This is our chance to support daddy, because he always supports us!

No comments:

Post a Comment