Friday, October 3, 2014

Eleven Months!!!

11 months!! Holy crap guys…. I almost have a one year old!!! It's really amazing how fast the first year flies by, and it makes me sad because I think it's really one of my favorite stages. So much happens in that first year and it's so fun to watch them learn and grow and explore every single day. Also, they tend not to throw tantrums and talk baby in the first year, which L and L2 are getting mighty good at these days! (I still love my big monsters though!!!)

Anyway, R is still just the sweetest little thing. I am truly just madly and deeply in love with this baby. He is walking more and more and climbing on anything he possibly can! He likes taking his brothers toys now to play with, and that has caused a scuffle or two. For a little guy he can definitely hold his own against his big brothers!


We are still EBF with no end in sight. He is nursing in the morning, usually 3 or 4 times throughout the day and then he has been waking up at night to nurse too. At bedtime S gives him a bottle of our pumped freezer stash. He is still eating two baby foods a day, but he's also having some of whatever we eat at pretty much every meal. He still loves all food. I've tried to introduce a zippy cup of water a few times, but he's not interested at all in that yet. I need to start doing that more since we would like to start weaning him off the bottle after a year. We will also introduce cows milk at a year and I really want to stop pumping, but we will still nurse until he decides it's time to wean.

Sleeping is pretty much the bane of my existence these days. Seriously, R is the easiest, most easy going baby ever……. except at night. I kind of feel like I've created a monster. He'll start in the pack and play (still in our room) but he will not sleep throughout the night in it. He has to come into our bed and he's also wanting to comfort nurse a lot at night and when I don't let him he gets mad and won't go back to sleep. I know it's time to really start making the move to put him in his own room, but i also know it's not going to be an easy transition. He naps great, but still only in the swing or laying down with me, so I decided our best bet was to at least start getting him to nap in his crib during the day and then we can move him over at night. We tried that today for the first time, and it did not go well. Like all my other children, this child is stubborn and he was not having it. He cried and fussed for almost two hours (I sat outside the door and occasionally went in to give him a comfort pat and then left again) and at one point he was literally so tired he was falling asleep standing up but he would not give up the battle. Well, neither would i and i decided that no matter what I wasn't letting him out of the crib until nap time was over because he needs to learn that's where he sleeps. Finally I climbed in the crib with him and he finally fell asleep for a short nap. I know this is probably not the most ideal solution, but I'm still going to count it as a win since he stayed in the crib. Ugh, I'm really not looking forward to this transition!

He's starting to babble a lot. Mostly its "ba ba ba" right now, so S and I are in the race to see if we can get him to say "mama" or "Dada" first! His little babble are super cute and I love hearing him "talk", especially when he's answering me!!! He's also starting to give big, slobbery, open mouthed kisses, which are pretty much the best!!! My little chunk it wearing 12-18 month clothes and sometimes even 18-24 months!

I guess it's time for me to start thinking about planning a first birthday!!! EEEK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment