Saturday, September 7, 2013

30 weeks!



How far along: 30 weeks! (and once again, straight out of the shower, wet hair, and no makeup!)
Maternity Clothes: I finally gave in this week and went and bought a new pair of maternity jeans! I got a pair of dark skinny jeans from Old Navy that I really like. With my first pregnancy with L I had to have a pair of (super expensive) designer maternity jeans.... and now I realize what a waste that was! First off, they don't fit this pregnancy (too big) and second, my style has changed in the five years since I was first pregnant! Now, I am a huge jean snob, and all for buying expensive, good quality jeans... but for these last ten week of pregnancy I think I'm OK buying something stylish yet affordable! Anyway,  I like the way these ones look and they are super comfy! Oh and the best part? I found these jeans and decided I liked them when I was about 13 weeks pregnant and just happened to be in an Old Navy and tried a pair on. Of course I didn't buy them back then, because I didn't need them yet and I figured I would probably by up a size or two by the time I did need them. But guess what? I still fit comfortably into the size I first tried on! Yay! That makes me feel like most of my weight gain really has been in my tummy and hopefully I'll be back in my pre-pregnancy clothes a little faster!
What I miss: It would be nice to sleep through the night without getting up to pee ten times! And every time I get up I have a hard time falling back asleep!
Exercise: Still pushing, although I did only make it three days this week. Monday was a holiday so I didn't go, and Wednesday we had an early appointment, so we only went Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I did do Power Yoga on Friday, but it was a big inversion class so I ended up not being able to a lot of it. I don't mind doing inversions still, within reason, but I'm not really comfortable doing anything that involves a lot of kicking up and stuff of the wall! To make up for missing my normal yoga classes I did hop into the weight room on Tuesday and Thursday which felt good. I always love the looks I get when me and my 7.5 month belly approach the weight rack where all the "big, burly" men are lifting!
Cravings: Pizza a little. So funny because pizza was my biggest aversion with both L and L2
Aversions: Nothing! Hungry all the time!
Symptoms: Lot's more pressure and lots of kicks to the ribs. My rib pain is steadily getting worse.... ugh, seriously the worst pain I have ever felt. I usually feel fine in the morning and it starts getting bed around mid afternoon and my night my left side is swollen and I'm laying on the couch with an ice pack!
Labor Signs: Just the good old Braxton Hicks and some pressure!
Best moments of this week: Having a shorter week and having S home an extra day! A no-kids coffee date with an old friend, picking up pumpkin scented candles and lotion from Bath and Body Works, my first salted Carmel mocha of the season, and L's first ever soccer game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment