Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve 2012

Wow, can you believe we are about to say goodbye to 2012?

It's been a wonderful year, full of love and good times and also some learning experience and some tough moments that I think only ended up making me stronger as a mommy and a wife and a person.

This year:

- In January we took a long trip to Reno. My sister and her family went at the same time and we got to introduce our two newest additions to each other. Our boys got to play and we had a full house as we spent time with Grandma and Gramps. 

-In February I turned 28 (eek!) and we finally got  a new car (the Element) which I still love so much! We bought the element from my brother who had eloped in December and just moved to France with his new wife!

-In March the flu swept through our house and we were pretty much homebodies! I did up my running routine this month and ended up participating in my first 5K, the Lozilu mud run!

-In April my parents and my sister and her family all came out to visit. We took our first family camping trip and had a blast, even though camping with three kids under seven and two infants was a little scary! We celebrated Easter with the family and got some great pics of all FIVE of our kiddos together! Also in April, S and I celebrated our Fourth Anniversary!

-In May we spent a wonderful Memorial Day with good friends. We also watched as L2 started to come into his own personality a little more and our boys began to really play and interact as brothers!

-In June we celebrated Father's Day, a day that I find to be very special. Not only do I have the best Daddy in the world, I am absolutely in love with how good of a Daddy S is to our boys. June also brought on the intense Phoenix heat and we settled into the lazy days of summer.

-In July we celebrated S's 28th birthday (eek!) with another trip out to California. One of my best friends also welcomed her first son into the world.

-In August I was tested as a mother. L2 had to undergo surgery and spent several long days at Phoenix Children's Hospital. It was one of the worst things I've had to go through, watching my baby hurting, but we are so thankful that today he is as happy and healthy as ever!

-In September my oldest baby turned THREE! I'm not even sure how that is possible.We also redid our master bedroom with a new coat of paint and some rearranged furniture. September is also the month I started to abhor the heat and dream of cool, crisp fall weather!

-In October L2  turned one! I also went to my ten year high school reunion (Omg, I'm really starting to feel old!) and hosted my best friends bridal shower and bachelorette party, and in Reno! We painted pumpkins and celebrated Halloween! The boys won a costume contest at our local Cold Stone with their "Ice Cream Hobo" costumes!

-In November my best friend married a wonderful man in a beautiful, yet absolutely freezing, ceremony on a boat in Lake Tahoe. We also celebrated Thanksgiving with family in California.

-And lastly, December. My favorite month. We reveled in the holidays. We decorated and listened to Christmas carols, and watched Christmas movies, and baked and shopped to our hearts content. I watched as L finally grasped the concept of Santa. Our hearts broke with the news of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School and we participated in 26 acts of kindness to try and show our boys that Christmas is about more then presents and that the most important thing is to be kind to people. 

In 2012, we have laughed and cried. We have spend time with family and friends, and we drew on their support as we slept next to a hospital bed-crib. We learned and we made memories that will now be tucked away and cherished.

I'm ready for 2013. I'm ready to see what it has in store for us. I'm ready to rise to the challenges it brings and I'm excited to see the goodness that I know is in store for my family.

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment