Friday, May 21, 2010

A bad week

I am so glad it is the weekend. And not just in the usual TGIF kind of way. The weekend signifies that this week is finally over, and let me tell you my friends, this has been a very-bad-no-good-rotten week. It started last Sunday, when we had a fantastic day planned as a family. A homecooked breakfast, followed by a long day playing at the pool, a picnic lunch.... I was so stoked for last Sunday. And then, at about 3:30 A.M. Sunday morning, L woke up and promptly threw up. After we cleaned him up and comforted him, it hit S with a vengance also. He retreated to the guest bedroom, horribly sick. I was fine and stayed with L until about 9 A.M., and then suddenly it hit me too. It was awful. S and I rarely get sick and suddenly we were both feeling like we were knocking on deaths door, and trying to juggle a sick baby between us. S felt slightly better on Monday, but I called in sick and had S take L to daycare so I could try and sleep off the sickness.

On Tuesday I still felt not great, but needed to go to work. I dragged myself through the morning routine of getting ready and took L into daycare. The daycare teacher stopped me in the parking lot. Apparently L had a slight fever (100 degrees) when he left the day before. The didn't tell us with a fever over a hundred he couldn't come back to daycare without a doctors note. So there I was, 15 minutes until I was due at work and stuck in the daycare parking lot. Needless to say, my work was not so understaning about me calling in again for the second day in a row. I attempted to make up for it by taking L with me to work for the morning rush until my sub could get there, but it still did not go over too well. Then I took L to the doctor where they informed me that he has a slight ear infection, which explained the fussiness and sleepless nights we had been having.

And so the rest of the week went. I didn't start feeling much better until yesterday, L has had rough nights almost every night, and work has been a disaster as I try to catch up on everything and wrap up the end of the school year. It was just one of those weeks where you wish you could rewind to the beginning and make the desicion to just gather the whole family and stay hidden in bed for the duration, until it finally passed and it was the weekend again.

But, like all bad things (bad dates, bad movies, bad interviews) this too shall end. And it has. It is officially Friday, the promise of a fun weekend lies ahead of me, and I am choosing to put this rotten week behind me.

Here's to the weekend, hope everyone has a fabulous one!

No comments:

Post a Comment