Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Anniversary

2 years ago today was the second happiest day of my life. (This first, of course, is the day Landon was born). 2 years ago today I married my best friend, the love of my life, the person that truly completes who I am. Ok, fair warning, this is probably going to be pretty cheesy, but I can't help it. S makes me cheesey! When I talk about us, and our marriage, and our family, and our wedding I turn into a big ball of goo that wants to cry and sometimes uses words like "soulmate" and occasionally wishes that life had a soundtrack so that everyone could hear "better together" by Jack Johnson when I talk about my husband and our life together.







And, wow, has life changed in 2 years. I knew we would be starting this amazing adventure together when we got married, I knew kids would be in the (near) future, but I never could have even imagined how amazing it would all be. Our wedding was beautiful, and so, so, so much fun. I love that we had a fairly large wedding. I love that we were surrounded by friends and family that loved us and were there to see us off on this journey we were about to take. I love that everyone had so much fun and that it was a great party.


But mostly I love that I got to start this new chapter in my life with this man by my side.


I remember being so nervous and so excited at the same time. The whole day felt surreal. My dad cried as he walked me down the isle, and I have never felt more loved by the people in my life.


And now, 2 years late our little family has the most wonderful addition. And the happiness I felt on our wedding day is magnified by about 200 million everytime I look at him. And it's maginified by about 5000 million when I see S and him together. Because these two men are all mine, and I love them more then I knew was possible.






So, happy anniversary baby, I love you. I can't wait to see what the future brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment