Sunday, April 11, 2010

Writers block

It's been awhile since I've written anything. I've had a case of "writers block" or something. Or, maybe it's just more of a case of "I have a 7 month old baby and am usually lucky if I have time to shower and/or eat lunch, so what was I thinking when I thought I would have time to write a blog on a regular basis?"  It seems like everytime I've sat down to write something one of two things happens. Either I sit here and stare and the screen, write something, then erase it and repeat this procces about 10 times before I give up and swear I will come back later and write. Or I sit down, bursting with inspiration and ideas and the second my finger touch the keyboard my little guy start crying for my attention and all ideas are lost as I run to get him.
We are settled into a good routine now, even with my new work schedule. Everything is so good and we are so happy, but at the same time our days just kind of chug along, running into one another untill one day I look up and realize three weeks have passed. And I know I have things I could have been writing about along the way, pictures I could have been posting, or lifes little annoyances that I could have been bitching about. But I haven't and now I am irrated at myself because the whole point of this blog was to be able to look back on this time and remember all the good and bad and happy and funny as we navigate our way through the early years of young marriage and parenthood and all the joys and trials that go along with both.
I think the older you get, the faster time seems to go. I can't belive L is almost 7 months old. I can't believe S and I have been married 2 years this month. I wish I could soak it all it all in and remember every little moment (hence the blog) but it's going at such a fast pace I feel like I am almost running just to stay caught up with everything.
This is a little disjointed, I realize. Maybe even confusing for some of you, but it makes sense to me. And the main point of this entry is that I just need to sit down and write something, even if that something was about the fact that I haven't been writing. So, hopefully, the "writers block" is broken. I have put something down and stopped the cylce. No be prepared, because next time I have a flash of inspiration but L is crying, I'm going to pull him up on my lap, give him a cuddle, and make sure I do not stop writing until I get down what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment