Saturday, May 20, 2017

Happy number nine!

A few weeks ago, and April 26th, S and I celebrated our ninth year of marriage. We still had some family in town, and work, and the kids school, and everything else that life has going on right now, so we didn't do a big celebration. But we did manage to sneak away for a nice lunch with two of our three kids, and then had a nice night at home where we drank wine, watched a movie and just relaxed.

You all know, I am a celebration girl. whatever the holiday, whatever the occasion, I like to go big or go home. That didn't happen this year because of everything we have going on. but you know what? I'm totally OK with that this year. Because, with some drama going on around us, I felt so aware of just how lucky I am to be married to this man of mine. I don't want to get to sappy, but he is truly my rock. He is solid and steady an when I start to panic and spiral and get overwhelmed he is always there to make sure I know I am loved and everything is going be OK. And at the end of the day, that is truly all that matters.

I grabbed a few pictures from our day. It's not much, it wasn't big this year, but man, I love this guy and our life and our family with all of my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment