Friday, May 26, 2017

Grandma turns 96!

A few weeks ago I flew to Minnesota with my parents, and then proceeded to get in a rental car and drive to the middle of nowhere Minnesota, to celebrate my Grandmother's 96th birthday. This party has been about a year in the making, and even though I ended up leaving my family at home (there was just too much going on and it was too close to the end of the school year) all of the grand kids, except for my brother since he just moved back from France, managed to make it.

 (This is what is looks like when your whole crazy family is rolling up to the only bar in town to celebrate a 96th birthday!)

I had some nerves about this trip, because like all families, ours has it's far of crazy issues and fighting. But every time we get together I'm always reminded that, despite the crazy and the differences, at the end of the day we are family and we love each other and we are a hell of a lot of fun.



We all originally hail from Wyoming, and although no one is left there and we have all scattered to separate corners over the years, we still drink and party like the true Wyoming-ites we are.

 (My lovely Grandma, still taking selfies and drinking bloody mary's!)



It was a quick trip, but ended up being even more fun than I expected, and I love getting to spend time with my cousins.




 (And my sister!!)

And I know Grandma was thankful to be surrounded by her three daughters.


And..... almost all of her Great Grandchildren. (L, L2 and R were the only ones missing. I got a lot of shit for that! They definitely have to come next time!)


I guess, at the end of the day, even when they drive you crazy sometimes, family are you people.






No comments:

Post a Comment