Thursday, May 26, 2016

Kinder Graduation Party!

So, I think I've told you guys before, but I was homeroom mom for L's kindergarten class this year. And as homeroom mom, I had this idea a few months ago: to have a graduation party for all the kiddos at the end of the school year. I recruited a few of my "mom tribe" friends from the class and we all agreed it would be a blast! And easy, right? It's just Kindergarten graduation!

OMG… the amount of time and stress that went into this party! We had people offer/promise us stuff that never came through. We had rental companies fall through. We struggled with getting people to RSVP. We had late night group texts and one very productive "meeting" that involved 99 cent margaritas.

But in the end, it was 100% worth it. The party was amazing, and the kids had a blast.





We held the party at one of our local parks, and it was perfect. We had the cover of the ramadas for food, and so the parents didn't melt in the heat! The kids had the park area, and we also rented a big bounce house and set up an area with sprinklers and water balloons. There was something for everyone, and I think everyone had an amazing time!





Another mom from the class brought these adorable "photo prop" signs, which were perfect! I think by the end of the day the kids were probably all sick of posing for pictures, but I know the parents are going to treasure them forever!




We also got a big cake, because what's a party without cake? I was genuinely sad when the party was over and everyone went their separate ways. I know we will see our group of friends a ton over the summer, but this has been such a great year and we had such a great group of kids!



And most importantly, meet "the tribe!" These ladies are amazing. I love them and I love their kiddos, and I can't wait to go through this journey with them by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment