Friday, April 15, 2016

Spring Fling Carnival

A few weeks ago L's school had their annual "Spring Fling" carnival. It's the schools big fundraiser for the school year, and L was so excited to go. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting much.  I've been to these school carnival fundraisers before and they usually consist of a few lame games, some hot dogs and that's about it.



I have to say, I was more than pleasantly surprise. The school did an amazing job, there were bounce houses, food trucks, carnival rides, a rock wall, game… and much, much more. We took all the kids, plus one of L's little friends tagged along with us, and we ended up staying for a few hours!



We met up with a couple other friends and there kids and the kids had an absolute blast running from bounce house to bounce house, and were even pretty patient standing in line for some of the bigger rides.


As part of the fundraising, each class put together a raffle basket. You could buy tickets and put them in  a pot for which ever one you wanted to try and win. Since I'm the homeroom mom I organized our basket (we did a "date night" theme!) and I was proud that not only do I think it turned out great, we had so many people who put their raffle tickets towards it our class won a pizza party!

(The only downside was that I didn't win any of the baskets that I put my raffle tickets towards. Oh well, there is always next year!)




It was fun night and a nice way to wrap up the school year as we get closer to the years end!

No comments:

Post a Comment