Friday, July 17, 2015

Happy Friday!

We are continuing S's birthday fun into the weekend! (I am a big believer in the concept of a "birthday week"!) S worked out his schedule so that he had to go in and recert for his licences on Friday morning, but he got the rest of the day off, so we had a date night on Thursday. A friend of my parents came over to watch the boys and we decided to go bowling!


Kind of random, I know! I don't think I've bowled since I was in college! But we didn't want to drive to far and we wanted to do something fun and different. We have a big bowling alley/arcade/bar/restaurant right around the corner from us so we decided to check it out.



It was actually really fun. They have a separate 21 and up area, so that was nice and there was hardly anyone else in there. We order some (bad) bar food and had a couple of happy hour beers! It was fun to do something kind of random together and laugh about it!


Oh hey… do you see that? That's me winning the first game! (After that my hand got tired and I lost the second one! But who knew, I'm not totally awful at bowling!)


Anyway, it was nice to get away. And I'm now going to admit to you how lame we are. We were totally home by 8:00 and that's after we stopped at the store on the way home to pick up milk! I think this might be a sign we are getting old!


Anyway, S went and did his revert this morning and then we decided to take the boys to the Science Museum. They really enjoy it, and we are trying to get the most out of summer pass!



The science museum isn't quite as fun as the children's museum, in my opinion, but I think there is more to do for the whole family (as opposed to just the kids) and I like feeling like my kids might actually learn something!

L and I checked out the "grossology" exhibit. This is him climbing a "rock wall" made to look like skins… with moles and zits and freckles as the "rocks"!




Happy Friday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment