Friday, April 3, 2015

Summer is here!

Well, I meant to post this at the beginning of the week, but my body completely quit on me this week and I have been sick. I hardly ever get sick, and when I do it usually only lasts a day or two, but I have been achy and congested and have the worlds worst chest cough for going on five days now! So I apologize in the late post, but this is the best I've felt in a few days to sit down and actually write!!


Summer is officially here in Phoenix! (Really Phoenix only has two seasons…. summer and a little bit cool!) I always know it's the beginning of our season when we the days get longer (yeah for not waking up when it's pitch black outside!)  and when we finally hit the pool!


Now, in the thirteen years I have been in Arizona apparently my blood has gotten thin, because despite the fact that it was 90 degrees this weekend I still thought the water was way too cold to go in! But my kids had no such reservations and they were so excited! L got right in and started "swimming", L2 hung out on the steps, and R was so fearless he fell in no less then three times. Don't worry we were standing right over him each time, but I think it's time to get that baby some swim lessons if he's going to have no fear!



And, of course, no pool day is complete without Popsicles! It's become a bit of a tradition with us that we started last summer when S's aunt bought us this awesome Popsicle making kit. It was really sweet to watch L2 share his with R… even when R was a little hesitant to give it back!

(Can you tell he was excited?)


So summer is starting. That means weekends at the pool and lazier days and splash pads and ice cream and all those other "typical" summer things! Even though I'm not looking forward to it getting up to 120, I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment