Sunday, April 26, 2015

Seven Years!

Well, I have to start this post by saying happy anniversary to my amazingly, wonderful husband. Seven years ago today I married my best friend, and I've only fallen more in love with him over the years. Thing haven't always been easy, because life and marriage and love aren't always easy, but we've always had each others backs. I can't imagine life without him.

We had a pretty fabulous weekend. On Friday some of my best friends from college came into town and I hosted a BBQ at our house. It was such a fun night, filled with reminiscing and laughing and staying up way too late!



Even though I only see them about once a year, I love these girls and I am so lucky to have them in my life. Every time we're together it's like no time has passed at all, we just fall right back into it.



After a late night on Friday we met up with everyone for breakfast. It's always a little crazy going to restaurants with the kids and between us we had five kiddos and 13 adults! It was loud and fun!


Breakfast was followed by sad goodbyes, and promises to try and visit soon. Then we went home and I took a long nap. Apparently I don't recover from long nights quite as well as I used to! Our anniversary was technically on Sunday, but we got a babysitter for the boys on Saturday night and went out. Nothing too crazy, but it was fun. We went over a new local brewery that just opened to try their beer (It was delicious!) and then we went up to the Melting Pot to grab appetizers, drinks and dessert. We were home right after the kids were in bed and spent the rest of the night relaxing in pajamas on the couch… pretty much a perfect night in my opinion!



Today (Our actual anniversary) S got up and made us a delicious breakfast of eggs Benedict's and mimosas. Then we went out to look at some model homes and run some errands, and then had lunch on our back patio while we enjoyed the beautiful weather. (it's been cool and slightly overcast  the last few days, which is pretty rare in Phoenix!) 

We ended the day with homemade nachos after the kids went to bed, and watched Game of Thrones. Definitely different then how we were celebrating seven years ago, but it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment