Thursday, June 5, 2014

7 months

R is seven months! Wow, it's hard to believe it's been over half a year since he joined our family.... I seriously cannot remember a time when he wasn't here!

He has really taken off this last month! I know when I updated his six month stats he was crawling and just starting to tentatively push/pull up on things. Well, he has mastered that skill and is not crawling like an old pro, pulling up on everything, and even cruising! It;s pretty crazy actually, and I feel like I spend 90% of my day chasing him from room to room. (we definitely need to put up some of the baby gates we had taken down once L2 got big enough!)

We are still exclusively breastfeeding and he is eating usually one jar of stage 2 baby food a day. (half at lunch and half at dinner). So far he has liked everything we have given him, including some of the dreaded ones like prunes, peas and chicken and sweet potatoes! What can I say, the kid likes to eat! He must take after his mama! He nurses about 5 or 6 times a day. We're still pretty on demand (as in, when he's hungry I feed him!) but he's gotten on a fairly good schedule which is nice.

He is finally sleeping through the night!! Thank you, thank you! He goes down around 9:30 still and is sleeping all the wait to about 5 usually. Then he moves into bed with me and we side nurse and go back to bed until 6:30-7:00. Every once in awhile we still get a 3 am wake up, but honestly it's not that big of a deal to me. Nursing is so second nature and easy for us now he just comes straight into bed to eat and we both pretty much go right back to sleep! I sometimes miss sleeping with him for more of the night, but he is still in our room and I know we are both ultimately getting better nights sleep. I'm still not ready to move him to his own room, although S is stating the push to move him at 9 months. We will see who wins the battle!



He loves his brothers. He follows them where ever they go and always wants to play what they are playing. I have to monitor this pretty closely because obviously the big boys can play kind of rough, but they are both surprising gentle and patient with him. L prides himself on being able to put R to sleep in his swing and being able to make laugh!

(R likes to sneak up on L2)



Let's see, what else? R has a tooth starting to push through! It hasnt' actually broke through yet, but it's close. He is going through a cuddly stage right now, that i"m sure has something to do with the tooth. He only wants to nap right now sleeping on someones chest, and while it makes it hard to get anything done, I can't deny that I absolutely love it!

Besides that we are just getting ready for the hot weather and summer here! I will post more soon about our summer plans and what we've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment