Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day friends!

I really love this holiday. Mostly because the whole fact that I get to celebrate it centers around what I consider my biggest accomplishments, my kiddos. I don't know if I could have every imagined how much I love being a mommy, but I really do. Now, don't get me wrong, it is by no means all sunshine and rainbows. Especially now that L is talking back and L2 is in the throws of the terrible twos, I often find myself yelling at them, and issuing time outs and counting down the hours until S gets home and I can hand over parenting duties to him. Some days being a mom is really, really hard. Some days it is disgusting. (This week we had a stomach bug run through the house that resulted in me cleaning up puke and many, many blowout and diarrhea diapers. It was gross.) I love being a mom, but I can honestly say I didn't love any moment of the bodily fluid cleanup that I endured this week. Some days I find myself getting so frustrated with them that I have to walk into another room and catch my temper before I go back in and start dealing with it again. I am by no means a perfect mom, but this is real life, and, damn it, I try. And some days that's all you can do. But, the bottom line is, even on the worst of the worst days, even on the days when they are driving me up the wall, I would rather be with them than anywhere else in the world. That's what being a mom is all about.... even when it kind of sucks, it's better than anything else you could imagine.

And I'm so lucky to have a husband who recognizes that being a mom is a hard, fulfilling, wonderful, challenging, frustrating and rewarding job, all rolled into one. (So is being a dad!!) I love that he gets that even though I stay home, I work hard, He gets it, and he makes me feel appreciated everyday, not just on Mother's Day.

But he did make today special for me. He let me sleep in (for all you mom's out there, you know that "sleeping in" means sleeping until 8) and then he made me a delicious breakfast of crepes and coffee and mimosas.


The boys gave me a card and L made me this beautiful necklace at preschool. I love it, and he is so proud of it. I definitely cried a little when he gave it to me.


My present from S was something that I asked for and have been wanting for a long time. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a bit of a gym/workout rat. I go about 5 days a week and love running and yoga. But lately I've been feeling a bit discouraged about firming up from the last pregnancy and I think I need to do something new. My gym offered a week free of personal training which I did and it was amazing. Having someone coach me and push me and show me new moves felt amazing. But, unfortunately, personal training is ridiculously expensive and there is no way we could afford it after the free week. (At my gym your looking basically at several thousand dollars) I was bummed, but it is what it is. Then the trainer I had been working with approached me and told me that she had a member who had moved and had a fully paid for personal training package that she was looking to sell. It was 62 one hour sessions for only $200 which is beyond a steal! I was so excited and when I brought it up to S he immediately agreed to get me them for Mother's Day. I start tomorrow and I am so excited!

Anyway, after our delicious breakfast we spent the day window shopping at Nordstroms Rack and the mall. (something I never get to do and requested). Then we came home and S let me take a long afternoon nap followed by a bubble bath while he did all the grocery shopping and gave the kids dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better day!


No comments:

Post a Comment