Monday, February 24, 2014

30

Oh my gosh..... I'm 30.

30.

30!!!!

Do you know how strange it even feels typing that number? I don't think I've fully wrapped my head around it yet. Yesterday I celebrated my freaking 30th birthday. Goodbye 20's..... it was fun.

I"m not going to lie.... I've had a heard time with this birthday. I've actually been kind of dreading it. I don't know why I had such a hard time with it, it just seems so final. Like, that's it. You are now really, truly an adult and there is no looking back. It's sound old to me. Like when I was 28 with  kids, I felt like a young mom..... I don't feel like 30 with kids has the same ring to it.

It's silly, I know. And S did an amazing job planning a beautiful and special weekend for me, which definitely helped. On Friday night he surprised me by planning a surprise happy hour with a bunch of my friends, and then taking the kids home so I could go have a drink with some of my girlfriends. Something I hardly ever do these days is go out without S and the kids, and while obviously they are my favorite people to be with it was so great to be able to catch up with my girls with no distractions around.

On Saturday S let me sleep in a bit, but then woke me up and loaded us all into the car without telling me where we were going. Once again he surprised me, this time by taking us all to the Renaissance Festival. Phoenix puts on a big Renaissance festival every year and I've always heard how fun it was, but we've never gone. It was a blast, and the boys got such a kick out of it. The weather was perfect and it was the perfect birthday surprise because it was something totally new for all of us!
After the festival we came home for naps and then S had a softball game to go to. When he got up home we stayed up late (for us!) watching Downton Abby (Great show!! Have you seen it? If not, you should.) As much as I loved going out with the girls the night before, nothing beats being at home in comfy pj's, curled on the couch with my boys!

Anyway on Sunday, my actual birthday, S let me sleep in again. (Let's be honest, for a mom of 3, sleeping in is pretty much the ultimate gift!) Then he made me a lovely breakfast of french toast, bacon, strawberries and whip cream, and mimosas. And he gave me my gift.



I was shocked!!! I've wanted an Ipad forever and I can't believe he got me one! My S is a keeper! After presents and breakfast we took the boys to the Lego movie. It was super cute and we went to a theater we haven't been to in awhile. The theater had been remodeled and had all reclining leather chair. It was so comfortable and so easy to nurse R when he got hungry! After the movie we spent the afternoon relaxing at home and then went to sushi for dinner. S took today of work so we could once again stay up late, which was so nice not to have to worry about going back to real life today! 

Overall, it was probably one of the best birthday I've ever had, even if it was one of the harder ones. But the more I've reflected on it, the more I've realized I did pretty much everything I could have hoped for in my 20's, and I"m the happiest I could possibly be going into my 30's. I'm leaving my 20's with two college degrees, a home that we own, no student debt, a husband who I adore more than anything, three beautiful, healthy sons and the ability to be a stay at home mom. I can't say there is anything else I could ask for at this point, and it's exciting to think what my 30's will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment