Monday, February 24, 2014

A late Valentines Day update and a trip to Cali

Ugh, sorry again for the lack in updates lately. Seriously, my life feels so crazy lately, I feel like maybe I should just re0name the blog that..... "Sorry for the lack in updates".... catchy, no?

But, in all seriousness, hopefully things are going to settle down, at least for the next month or so. We've literally had major stuff going on every single month since R was born, and finally in March we have nothing on the calendar! I've got to say, I'm a little excited for some down time! Anyway, last week we went out of town yet again, this time back to California. It was more than just a vacation though, my in-laws actually gave us their old Coleman pop-up tent, so we went down there to tow it back. I'm actually pretty excited about it. S and I both love camping, but it's harder to go with three little ones when you're trying to sleep in tents and the back of cars. The tent has a queen bed, a full bed and a twin bed, in addition to a table to eat at, a stove and a sink. And it's in pretty great condition! I don't have a picture of the actually one we brought home, so you will just have to trust me that it's pretty sweet. And with all of our weekends open in March, we're hoping to test it out soon!

Anyway, it was a nice little trip, and it also happened to fall over Valentines Day, so we got to escape for a little date night with just us and R. (I know I could leave R, he will take a bottle of pumped milk just fine, but I"m still just not ready!) I also made it a point to do a fun activity with L the week before we left, so we baked cupcakes and got Valentines for all his friends in his preschool class. I'm worried L has been feeling a little left out lately, with all the attention on the little ones, so it was nice to have some "mommy and me" time with him.




And, is has to be said, I pretty much have the four most handsome Valentine's ever! And how lucky am I that I get to have four Valentines each year!?!


Well, that's pretty much it for this update. We didn't do much in California besides relax and enjoy the beautiful weather, and I've found myself being petty awful on the picture taking front. While I want to make sure I capture all of our memories, I find when I'm hiding behind the lens I tend to miss a lot of them. So I'll leave you with a few pics of my handsome boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment