Tuesday, March 4, 2014

four months

My little bubs is fourth months old, as of yesterday.

Four months. I know I seem astounded each time I do a monthly update, by the truth is, I am.  I can't believe this tiny, helpless baby that I gave birth to just a few months ago is suddenly a smiling, rolling, charismatic little baby.

So, what is R doing at 4 months? Well, he's trying to crawl, if you can believe it. This is even earlier than L started trying to crawl, and he was pretty early. I guess he does have two big brothers running circles around him and he's trying to catch up. He's rolling all over the place, but when he gets on his tummy he starts grasping whatever he can with his hands and pulling his knees up under him. He's managed to scoot a little bit,  but he gets so frustrated when he can't get as far as he wants to.

He's full of smiles and giggles, and he's happiest when he's being hold. If he has to be set down he likes when L or L2 get down with him and keep him company. He's sleeping "OK". I think he's probably the "worst" sleeper of all the boys.... although I don't think he's bad by any means. He is very spoiled with our co-sleeping. He starts the night in his bassinet after his 9:30 feeding but around 12-1 every night he comes into bed with me and he stays there all night. He wakes usually one or two other times throughout the night, but we just side nurse and fall back asleep. I know I should probably nip the co sleeping in the bud at some point.... but the truth is I love it. And it makes my life easier to just be able to roll over and nurse him while he's sleeping right next to me. And I love it. I love having him next to me and I know all to well that he's growing up fast and it won't last forever, so I"m going to enjoy it while I can.

We're still exclusively breast feeding, and I' still making a ridiculous amount of milk. Seriously, I only pump twice a day (once after his morning feed because I"m still usually really full and once at the 9:30 feeding because S usually gives him a bottle of pumped milk at that one) and we have a freezer full of milk. For every one bottle we give R I think I freeze 5 bags of milk. I know I probably won't need it, but it makes me feel secure to know that if anything happens we have a freezer full of BM ready for him.

R is a very easy going baby. I guess he has to be, since he is the third baby. He really only fusses when he is tired or hungry, and sometimes when he is feeling ignored. When he does fuss he is easy to calm down. He  doesn't mind the car seat or going in the car and he goes everywhere with me and is never a problem.

I'd have to say the only problem we are having with R right now is he is growing to darn fast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment