Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday S!

Today is my hubby's 27th birthday! We (I) love birthdays round here. Really I love any kind of celebration that I can wrap presents, bake something, put up decorations, etc. I had planned on putting L down for an early nap today so I could wrap all the presents, bake and frost cupcakes, and shower and be all dressed and pretty by the time S walked in the front door from work. Unfortunately my day was somewhat derailed when......

I FELL DOWN THE FREAKING STAIRS!

Um, yes, you heard my correctly. L was still asleep when I got up this morning so I decided to pile my arms high with all our laundry and run it downstairs to start a load before he woke up. Unfortunately, with a massive pile of dirty clothes in my arms, not only could I not hold on to the handrail, I also couldn't totally see where I was stepping. Not to big of a deal on a normal day, but at 6 1/2 months pregnant, with my balance way off center, it was not a good idea. So down I went. Clothes flew everywhere and I tumbled. Luckily my butt took the full brunt of the fall (trust me, I have a huge bruise to prove it) and then I went backwards on to my back, but it still wasn't pleasant. I immediately panicked and called the triage nurse at my Dr. Office. Now, pretty much from the moment I fell, the baby started kicking me (I think he was mad about all the jostling around!) so that eased a lot of my worries, but I wanted to check and see what she said. She didn't seem overly concerned either, since I didn't fall on my stomach and I could feel the baby moving but she still recommended I come in for an ultrasound just to make sure everything looked OK. Long story short, we got checked out, the baby is fine and I am fine except for a bruised bottom and a slightly bruised ego.


But back to S's birthday. He still got cupcakes (they just weren't frosted when he got home) I got pretty and showered, but not until later, and his presents ended up in gift bags instead of being lovingly wrapped. Oh well, that's life, right?

But still we celebrated. We headed to a local Mexican restaurant that S likes for a big family dinner and rented a movie for us to watch after L goes to bed. Not exactly hitting the town, but I would rather be home with my two boys anyway!







So, S, Happy Birthday! L and I love you so very much.

Oh, and I think today's little "incident" is the universes way of telling me to let you take care of the laundry from this point on!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were ok after your fall! I loved this post. Your family is so beautiful! Best wishes to you on the delivery of your new baby : ) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete