Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

To my wonderful husband:

Happy Father's Day.

Seven years ago we became friends. We were at a point in our lives that our lives were consumed by class and friends and party's, yet through all the craziness we kept managing to find each other. Friendship evolved quickly into more. I'll never forget our first kiss, but I could have never known then the lifetime of happiness it would lead to.




Three years ago I walked down the isle to marry my best friend. I was so happy and I had no doubts about how wonderful our life would be together. I knew the love and support you already shown me were the qualities that would make you the best husband I could ever wish for. At that point, I didn't think I could love you any more then I already did. Impossible, you already had my whole heart.




A year and a half ago I realized just how much my heart could expand, when our beautiful son came into the world. I could never thank you enough for giving me the gift of our child, our first son. And if I thought I loved you on our wedding day.... oh wow. That pales in comparison to the love I felt when I saw you hold L for the first time.




And that love grows every time I see you wipe away a tear, or change a diaper, or get up in the middle of the night to comfort a bad dream, or throw him in the air, or give him a piggy back ride. L is so lucky to have a Daddy like you, and I am so lucky to have a husband, and a partner in this rollercoster of parenting, like you. One day to celebrate you as a Father does not do justice to the gratitude that I have to have you in our lives.




I love you S, Happy Father's Day.

(And just think..... this time next year we are going to have TWO!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment