Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Family

My family (parents, sister, brother-in-law, and both nephews) came out to visit a couple of weeks ago, and life has gotten busy and, to be perfectly honest, I have gotten lazy and keep forgetting to upload the pictures to my computer. So here is a several week late update on the fam's big visit to Phoenix.

Normally I'm pretty content and well adapted to the fact that S and I don't have family out here. I'm secure in the fact that we have each other and that is the most important thing, and while we miss out on game nights and cousins and family dinners, there is also something to be said about being somewhat removed from family drama and never being guilted into having to attend a family dinner....

But then they all come out and it really hits me what I'm missing. Seeing L play with his cousins and how happy he is when they are here makes my heart hurt for him that he is not going to grow up with these boys. And I miss having bonding time with my mom and my sister, and I know S like being able to fire up the BBQ and throw back some beers with my dad and brother-in-law.

But regardless, our situation isn't going to be changing anytime soon so we made the most of the time we had.

POOL TIME
Being from Madison, WI and the fact that is was still only in the low 50's when they left, my nephews were in paradise with the 90 degree weather and 24 hour access (not really) to the pool. From first thing in the morning until they fell into bed at night they were begging to go swimming. And L was right there with him.



so happy to be swimming with Gramps!


You can't tell by this picture, but a massive water fight is forming and teams and allies are being chosen carefully.



My little swimmer. He loved these goggles so much!


MOVIE/PLAY TIME

After the kids and adults were worn out from swimming all day we would settle in for a movie and watch the kids play. You can tell by these pictures that they are all exhausted, but they refused to give in to it.



THE PHOENIX ZOO

We packed everyone up in my sister's rented mini van (somehow I got stuck with the very back center seat) and headed to the Phoenix Zoo. We've been in Phoenix for almost 4 years now, and this is the first time I've ever been. I have to say, even though it's really far away and pretty pricey, it was pretty cool. I would defidently like to take L back.


L loved the minivan. Seriously, he couldn't stop smiling and looking around. He especially was digging the fact that he was able to look at the people in the row behind him.







Eating all of Mommy's frozen lemonade.





A souvenir stuffed monkey to remember the trip by.


And he was out. Completely wiped.

CHILDREN'S MUSEUM

The Children's Museum is probably one of the coolest places in Phoenix. L loves it, my nephews loved it.... even I have a blast and I'm not a kid!




Building a fort.




Yes, he is driving a giant pickle. Stay off the roads!

And the best part about this whole trip? Finding out the my lovely older sister is preggo with her third child, and, get this........ she is due October 27th, just two days before me! How crazy is that? So by this time next year our little brood of 3 rambuncious cousins will be upgraded to 5!



1 comment:

  1. L is adorable. I can not believe how big our boys are!! And by the way, you look darling with that baby bump!

    ReplyDelete