Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hello February!

Hurray! January is OVER! I don't know what it is, but ever since I was a kid I have not been a fan of the month of January. I hate the let down feeling I get once the glitter and excitement of the holidays are over, and I hate that January tends to be cold and dreary and, for me, it stretches on endlessly. Once February hits, my funks lifts. February brings with it Valentines Day and my birthday and the promise of a fast approaching spring.

So here is what we have been up to so far in February:

Baking Cupcakes





S isn't a hug fan of chocolate so I usually steer away from it when I bake, but I was craving me some yummy chocolaty goodness, so I went with it. And they are delicious. And I did not eat three in one sitting yesterday. I promise.

Laundry.
And Laundry and Laundry and Laundry.


 Pleas someone make me feel better and tell me I am not the only one who waits for 4 or 5 loads of laundry to pile up before finally caving and throwing them into the machine. And even worse, those 4 or 5 loads of laundry then tend to sit in the dryer, on the kitchen table, in the basket, just waiting to be folded for days on end. So today I finally made myself sit down while L was napping, surrounded by mountains of clean clothes, and fold them all. And now all these clean, folded clothes are sitting by my dresser just waiting for someone to put them away. *Sigh*. Sometimes it's just never ending, and my lack of motivation for all things laundry related does not help matters.

Packing things away.


We spend an hour this past weekend going through L's closet and dresser and pulling out all the clothes, shoes, toys, etc. that he has outgrown. It baffles me how fast he is growing, I feel like half of the clothes I packed away he has only worn once or twice. He is now fully into 24 month clothes, so all the 18 month stuff I bought a few months ago has gone in the bin. It makes me kind of sad every time I do one of these clean outs for him, it's a reminder that my baby isn't really a baby anymore.

Nap Time




There is not too much to say here, except how frigging cute it he. Don't you just want to snuggle up next to him? He is such a good napper too. He is super easy to put down and usually sleeps about 2 hours every afternoon. Very nice for when mama needs to get stuff down around the house (like fold laundry) or, more importantly, when mama wants to lay down for a nap also!

Rockin' a new 'Do


I went in for a haircut a few weeks ago and just got hit with the urge to try something different. So I cut bangs, which I haven't rocked since the 7th grade. I'm digging it, except it is a lot more upkeep then I'm used to. I tend to be a roll out of bed and throw my hair in a ponytail kind of girl, and the hairstyle is not conducive with that mentality. So we will see how long it lasts, but I'm liking it right now.

Story time





L loves his books. And I love that he loves his books. I think I have as much fun tripping over the Dr. Seuss rhymes as he does listening to them. So we have been doing a lot reading these days and picking up lots of new books from the library, which makes this mama very happy.

So that's what life has been like around our house lately. The fog of January is gone and we are reveling in baking and books and the start of our soccer season! Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment