Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week one

One week down! I made it through my first week back to work, and honestly it wasn't too bad. The first day dropping L off at daycare again made my heart drop, but while I sat there and waved and held back tears and made sure he was ok..... he was off and running. Seriously, he barely even looked back at me, he was so excited to get into all of the toys and see his friends. So I sucked it up, said goodbye, and made my way to the office.

Getting back into the swing of things at work was easier then I thought. Being there only 4.5 hours a day for four days, doesn't give me too much time to dwell. I have definitely been more tired, I need to get used to going to bed at a decent hour again, and L has been waking up at the ungodly hour of 4:00 a.m., which hasn't been fun for anyone in our house. But overall, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. And I only have about 8 weeks before my first week long break. That is for sure the biggest perk of working at a school, every time you start to reach your wits end, and think you can't do it anymore, a break comes up and you have a chance to regroup and refresh.

So, overall, life is good. But for some reason I have been in a mood today. Not a bad mood, and I have a feeling as I write this anyone who reads it will think I'm sad, so let me clarify: I'm not sad. I'm...... contemplative. This week has really made me appreciate the time I do have with L, and also how lucky I am to have a job that pays well and gives me a schedule that is pretty sweet. I was in the kind of mood where I found my voice cracking as I talked about the little things L had done today, no matter how small, because it is making me realize how quickly this time is going to pass. I was in the kind of mood, where as the monsoon clouds rolled in, making our sky grey and muggy, I found myself driving around listening to mood music. You know, the kind of songs that make you happy and sad and all deep at the same time.

Needless to say, when I picked S up after he dropped my car off at the shop he looked at me and immediately asked, "What's wrong?" But really, nothing was wrong. Sappy music notwithstanding, I was more preoccupied with all that was right with our lives.

And really, who can not feel sappy and contemplative when the sky starts off looking like this:



Ends up turning dark and stormy and rainy like this:



And then reaches the grand finale with not one, but two rainbows:


Simply lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment