Saturday, July 22, 2017

Surprise!!

Soooooo..........

I have some news........

And I've been sitting on it for almost six weeks, so I think it's time to spill it.

Remember how I told you we had been so busy this summer, with trying to sell our house and all the renovations we were doing on our new house, and how the summer had just completely slipped away?

Well, there is another reason we've been so busy/overwhelmed...



Yep.... That's an eleven week old baby bump in that picture!

At the beginning of June I realized I wasn't totally sure when my last period had been. I didn't think too much of it, May had been crazy and I had traveled a lot, but S wanted me to take a test.... apparently he had a feeling!

Well, needless to say, two very bright, very definitive pink lines showed up on that test pretty much immediately! Baby #4 is on the way!

We were shocked, I was overwhelmed, but after those feelings passed, we were so incredibly ecstatic and this felt so right and so meant to be. We just bought a beautiful (and bigger) new house that we were going to bring this baby home to. We always knew we wanted another, and although it was a little sooner than we expected, we are absolutely thrilled.



So, I found out I was pregnant at about 7 weeks. Pretty crazy since I've always started having symptoms super early at like 4 weeks, and this time I had no idea. The morning sickness and tiredness kicked in pretty quickly though, and I spent weeks 7 through about 12 puking pretty consistently, which especially sucked since we were trying to paint a huge house. I'm almost 13 weeks now and in the past week my appetite has started to return and the sickness has gone away, which is so amazing. I really forgot how much that first part sucks! (On the bright side I haven't gained any weight.... not being able to eat anything will do that!)  I'm still pretty tired and have been falling into bed around 8:30 overnight. I'm hoping the second trimester energy kicks in sooner rather than later!

Let's see, what else? I've had two ultrasounds, including the 12 week nuchal screening and everything looks perfect! We've also decided to attempt to go "team green" this pregnancy and not find out what the baby is until he or she is born in January! Let's be honest, I'm kind of planning on a boy with our track record, but I think it will be fun to have that anticipation and moment of surprise!

So, that's our big news! We are beyond happy!








No comments:

Post a Comment