Thursday, July 7, 2016

Happy Fourth of July!

Two things. We just celebrates one of my favorite holidays (I mean does anything beat hot dogs, beer, the pool, fireworks, and friends?), and the fact that we just celebrated this holiday means that this year is halfway over!! What?! Sometimes I'm amazed and confused at how quickly time is flying by!

We had an amazing fourth. Seriously, probably one of the best ones I've had since my high school days when I would spend the day at Lake Tahoe.


A new friend of ours (One of L's best friends from Kindergarten moms!) Through an amazing neighborhood party at their house. They just had a beautiful pool installed, and it was luckily ready right in the nick of time.


I absolutely love that we have made so many great friends in the neighborhood now. It gives me that feeling of community that I felt like we were missing out here for so long.


The party was amazing and we stayed out way to late, but it was so fun it was well worth it!




And the best part was the fireworks. Not only did we have a great view of our cities display, we had an entire street blocked off and lined with kids and adults of all ages, lighting of sparkers and poppers.


I've never been a huge fan of fireworks, because fire to me = scary! But a lot of the dads there were firefighters, which helped put my mind at ease, and seeing their faces light up was priceless!




Happy Fourth! I hope everyone had as good a time as we did celebrating this wonderful place we call home!

No comments:

Post a Comment