Saturday, January 31, 2015

Goodbye January!

I cannot believe it's the last day of January, where has this month gone? I feel like we have going, going, going nonstop!!

Anyway, here is a quick look at what we have been loving in this first month of 2015!!

Bunk Beds:

We finally got rid of L2's toddler bed and moved the boys into bunk beds. They love them! L thinks being on the top bunk is the coolest thing ever (it's it, BTW!) and L2 is loving being in his big boy bed! This setup also freed up some floor space in their room and we were able to put in the awesome Tepee tent that their aunt got them for Christmas. Basically, they now have the coolest room in the house.


Baby Bed head:

R's hair is finally coming in more, but it is exactly like L's was like at the same age! Super fuzzy and there is not a lot of it, but the child gets the funniest bed head!!!


Baby's in bathrobes:

Just because, is there anything cuter???


Baby's in beer boxes:

OK, I realize we are focusing on R a lot right now, but he is just so darn cute. I love this age. He is the sweetest little baby and he gets into everything and he loves exploring!


Successful Doctor visits:

After three years of L2 being the worst at doctors appointment, we have finally figured out the trick. It's all about bribery. Instead of waiting until the end of the appointment to offer him the requisite lollipop, I show it to him at the beginning and tell him the only way he will get it is if he is good and cooperative. He is now an angel at doctor visits. 

He also likes doing a little light (and upside down) reading in the waiting room!



Girls' Night Out:

My college roommate came into town from Chicago and we went out to dinner with a bunch of our sorority sisters. It was a great night of laughter, and stories and catching up. I love these ladies, and even though I don't see them as often as I would like I love that we can always just pick up where we left off.


Date Night:

After a much needed girls night, I realized that S and I also needed some grownup time away from the kids. A wonderful friend of my parents offered to watch all three boys while we went out to dinner at a nice steakhouse. Even though we are totally pizza and beer, sport bar, relaxed atmosphere type of people, there is something special about dressing up nice and going to a fancy restaurant. We order a bottle of wine and had fillet Mignon and talked about things other then our (wonderful) children.

We only stayed out for two hours, but it was two amazing hours and I think we both feel recharged and re-connected!


So that was our January! I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of February! We have Valentine's Day coming up, and I think we will probably take a trip out to California that weekend, and then it's my 31st (I mean 29th!!! Totally my 29th! 29 forever!!!!) birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment