Thursday, September 4, 2014

10 months

10 months old and we have a walker!!! Just in the last week or so R has started getting much more confident on his feet and is now taking about 5-6 steps at a time! His main method of "transportation" is still his super fast crawl, but you can tell he's really proud of himself with the walking and that he's excited about it! We're excited too, of course, although I must admit it's a little bittersweet. I suppose it's that way with all the kids and every time they hit a new milestone…. you are so proud, but at the same time it's that little reminder that they are growing up! I heard a quote the other day that really resonated with me; "The days are long, but the years are short." So, so true. I swear some days just feel like they drag and I count down the minutes until S gets home and I have some help… but then I feel like I blink and it's suddenly September and I have an almost five year old, an almost three year old, and an almost one year old!!!


Anyway, back to R's 10 month update! Like I said, I think we can officially classify him as a walker! He is also super into climbing, any chance he can get onto the couch or onto a bed or onto any higher surface he just keeps trying to get even higher! He's even figured out that he can drag his toys over to the couch and use them to climb up! Oh, the life of a mom of boys!!!He's still not talking, but he's very vocal. He's getting to the age if you take a toy (or potentially dangerous object) away from him, or take to long to feed him, or try to stop him from doing something, he will let you know he doesn't appreciate it! He also enjoys bossing his brothers around and yelling at them if they don't do exactly what he wants! It's pretty funny, but the big boys are super patient with him I think it's hilarious that this little baby boy pretty much rules the roost! 

We are still exclusively breast feeding! Yay! I am not seeing us stopping anytime soon, so I would imagine we will go past a year. I'm still not getting as much when I pump, but I'm not letting myself worry about it. We still have a decent freezer stash and in two month we will start introducing cows milk, so I'm thinking I will probably stop pumping completely at that point and just nurse on demand. I've also been throwing around the idea, since I do produce so much, of maybe donating some milk, but I need to look into it a little more! We are still nursing about 5 times a day, and eating baby food twice a day and also getting little bits of whatever "grownup" foods we are eating. If we are just hanging out at home he tends to nurse home, but if we are out and about and he is distracted he can go longer stretches. He loves food and if anyone else is eating around him and doesn't offer him some he will get mad! He still nurse once or twice during the night, but I'm positive that is more comfort nursing than he is actually hungry and I am trying to get him out of that habit!

Speaking of sleeping, it's going….. OK. He is definitely not the easiest sleeper we have, and part of that I know is that he a little spoiled with sleeping in our bed. I can't help it…. I love cuddling with him at night! He is still in our room, he starts the night in the pack and play and usually between 1 and 3 will wake up and come into bed with us. On the bright side he is getting better about just coming in and going back to sleep and not needing to comfort feed back to sleep! Baby steps, right? I know S is ready to move him into his own room, but honestly I just don't think he's ready and I don't think I'm ready. The bottom line is he really isn't sleeping through the night and it's just easier for me to have him right there next to me then to be running across the house to get him. Especially now with two different school schedule to keep, mama needs her sleep!

R's personality is still just the sweetest ever. He is so loving and giggly and cuddly and funny. This kid literally had the whole family just enamored with him!

Happy 10 months R!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment