Tuesday, May 6, 2014

six months

My sweet baby R is six months old!!!

He actually turned six months this past Saturday, but I was out of town for the weekend for a friend from college wedding and then yesterday was a rough night because poor baby had to get all his six month shots, so I'm just now updating.

OK, let's see. Well, at his appointment yesterday he was 18 lbs and some change, so in the 75% for weight and in about the 66% for height. He is officially sitting completely unassisted and he is also crawling!!! He's been trying and sort of army crawling for about a month, but he is not up on all fours and all over the place! He has also been pushing up on his little music table and getting his legs under him to attempt standing.

He is still exclusively breastfed. We will probably be introducing rice cereal this weekend and then other foods right after that. I'm very proud of the fact that he has had nothing but breast milk for six months! (And is super chubby, so obviously it's doing a body good!)

He is still not sleeping through the night, and we are still mostly co sleeping. He starts out the night in the pack in play in our room (he has outgrown the bassinet!) and then usually wakes up around midnight to come into bed. He cuddles with me the rest of the night and we usually end up side nursing about twice throughout the night while we both are still dozing. S is starting to bring up moving him to his room..... but I don't see that happening any time soon! Truthfully, I love having him with me, and as long as he's still waking up at night I would prefer to have him right there.

He is starting to babble a bit and he seems to love hearing himself "talk". He loves his brothers and L is really good at comforting him when he's upset, although he's really not upset to often. He's pretty easygoing and usually only cries when he is hungry, tired or poopy. (Except for last night after the shots.... he cried all night last night! Poor babe!)

He's very into toys now and I feel like I am constantly on the lookout for little toys that aren't safe for him. That's one of the hard parts of having three boys all at different stages, but the big boys seem to understand they have to keep the little toys away from R.

I can't believe he's six months. I know, I know, I say that every monthly update. But man, do we love this little guy. His brothers adore him and his daddy and I just can't get enough!

Happy six month birthday, my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment