Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Camping round two and a visit from Family

For the past week and a half, we have taken a complete break from real life. L has not been in school, I have not gone to the gym, and S has taken several days off of work.  For the 5th year in a row we had our annual "family visit" over my nephews spring break, and our house was filled up with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, her three kids, and even my brother for one night. Luckily we're able to spread out a little between my parents vacation home and our house, but it is still crowded, and loud and messy .... and probably the most fun we have all year.





The last three years we have gone camping at Lake Pleasant, and this year we were especially excited to go since we have our pop-up trailer. (I was also especially excited that I wasn't pregnant this year. Last year I was about 7 weeks pregnant with R and so horribly sick the whole time... it was miserable!)



(R taking a nap in the trailer)










Camping with six kids is no joke. I love our camping trips and they are a lot of fun, but I would not necessarily call them relaxing! You always have to make sure the little ones are being watched, and since they are constantly running around everywhere it's kind of like trying to watch 25 games of ping-ping at the same time.




But the boys had a blast, and the adults had fun too! There was fishing and hiking and kayaking, and of course playing in the dirt! (what is with boys and just playing in dirt? It makes me itch just watching them!












We ended up staying for two night and three days, and I've decided that's about my camping limit. There is only so long I can go without showering and sleeping in a sleeping bag!










I'll cover the rest of the visit on my next post! Everyone just left on Monday, so we are still trying to get back into the groove around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment