Sunday, April 6, 2014

5 months!!!

My sweet baby R is 5 months!

Sometimes I can't even wrap my head around how much I love this little man. He is so sweet and so good and so funny..... I can't remember what life was like before he was a part of our family!

So what's Baby R doing at 5 months. A lot! He's still really working on crawling, and as of tonight actually managed to get himself on to all fours. He is scooting around a ton, although he tends to move in circles instead of going forwards. He is starting to get really into toys... especially blankets and the "taggy" toys.

We are still exclusively breastfeeding and haven't started any solids yet. I know it;s about time to introduce at least the rice cereal, but I would like to try and hold of until 6 months. I think he is ready though.... he shows a ton of interest in our food! He's eating about every 3 or 4 hours during the day, and he's still waking up about twice during the night. We are pretty much exclusively co-sleeping. he starts the night in his bassinet around 10, but moves to our bed usually before midnight and sleeps their the rest of the night. I know I need to start thinking about breaking this habit.... but I kind of love it and I'm not ready yet.

He still loves being held and he gets a little put out if he feels like you are ignoring him. He thinks his brothers are hilarious and he is babbling and cooing up a storm. He takes one good long afternoon nap (about 3 hours) and usually a few small capnats during the morning hours.

He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he is drooling a lot and chewing on everything. I don't think this is a huge sign of impending teeth, because all of my boys have teethed for  long periods of time before any teeth actually broke through, but we are keeping an eye on it!

And here's a picture of our adorable, big 5 month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment