Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkins!

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins! I love how October is the jump start to all the holidays! Even though we live in Phoenix and it's still 90 degrees most days.... October is the time that I pull out the boots and sweaters, start making soup, and start getting really excited for the upcoming holidays! 

This year as a fun activity for the boys we decided to paint baby pumpkins! Both of them had a blast, and even though L2 covered both himself and me in paint it was a really fun time!




Mommy, Daddy, and brother pumpkins!

And of course you can't have Halloween without carving some pumpkins! It's to see how much more L gets into these activities as he gets older each year and how much more he wants to do things himself. I'll be honest.... I love the idea of carving pumpkins.... but it's really not my forte. Regardless though, it is a fun tradition and even though L2 kept trying to eat pumpkin guts I think it's a good memory for both boys!



L2 is thinking.... "that looks yummy! I must eat it!"


My little model boy... 


My somewhat 'distressed' vampire pumpkin....


I think our final product turned out pretty good... although my pumpkin really does look worried about something! Can't wait to put up pictures of the boys in their costumes and trick or treating tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment