Sunday, February 26, 2012

4 months

My (second) baby boy turned 4 MONTHS a few days ago. On the 24th to be exact. Time is flying by, and I want it to slow down, but at the same time as he gets older I get to experience that excitement of new things all over again. First smiles, first laughs, "playing with this brother". I love it, but I hate that it means he's blasting towards toddler-hood, and being a kid and growing up.

We had a doctors appointment a few days ago. Just his four month checkup, the usual: shots, weight, lenght a quick evaluation. The Doctor confirmed what I knew: he is a happy and healthy little baby. Then he asked me how he was eating and if he was still taking the bottle ok. I told him he was, and was eating more then ever, but that he did tend to prefer taking a bottle from me more then anyone else, including S. And the Dr mentioned that he did seem a little clingy to me and that that might increase and we might have some seperation anciety at 9-10 months. And I nodded and  smiled and said we would work on it and make a point to have S give him more bottles.

But inside?

I was fist-pumping like a Jersey Shore kid.

"Yes!!!! My baby is clingy to ME!!!! He wants ME! His MOMMY!!!! And only ME!!!!!"

I admit, I'm a little ashamed of this reaction. But when L hit about 7 months he went through a huge Daddy phase. It was all Daddy, all the time, and I was pretty much chopped liver. And it broke me heart. And L is now 2.5 years old and he doesn't want to cuddle as much. So excuse me for relishing a little in the fact that L2 might cling to me a little longer then L did. I take it back, I'm not ashamed at all!

So here are my little monkeys 4 month pictures. For some reason everytime I break out the camera for his monthly pictuers he melts downs, but I think I got a few good ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment