Monday, February 13, 2012

life update!

OK, hold on for a long post about everything.... but nothing big!!! Life has just been trucking along, and while I have been absent from the blogging world (what can I say, I'm still fully immersed in IPhone/Kindle Fire world and I never log onto the computer anymore!) I can tell you we are all still happy and healthy! So here we go!

My little (Big!) boy

How does time go by so fast? L2 is already 3.5 months. He is getting super big, in fact at our last Dr. app he was up to 12.8 pounds! Since he lost so much weight those first few weeks of disastrous nursing the Dr has really been monitoring his weight and our goal was to have him up to 12 pounds by the end of February. Obviously we have surpassed that and I'm so proud of my little eater!


(couldn't you just eat this face?!?!)


L2 is big into the smiles and laughing these days and it melts my heart every time. And nothing can get him smiling more then his big brother.......

Brothers

Watching my two boys makes me happier then I knew possible. L is all about protecting his little bro... in fact several times a day he informs me that its "his baby!!!" 







Selling the Subi!

We sold me Subaru! As much as I couldn't wait to get rid of this car, it was a little sad. It was my Grandma's car before I got it (which obviously ups it's cool factor by like 1000) and when she bought it new back in 1998 I thought it was the greatest, fanciest nicest car ever. And when it was passed down to me my last year of college I was still pretty stoked..... seven year later, not so much. The car was old and I was always worried it was going to just up and die on me. And it was cramped. Yes it's a bigger car, bigger then a sedan, but with two car seats it was just really, really tight.



So we are upgrading to this:




Originally we were planning on saving our money and trying to buy a pilot this year. We wanted something with a third row so that when we eventually add another kid we would have enough room for three car seats. However, my brother got married and is moving to France (whole other story!) and he cut us a great deal on his Element. It gives us a lot more room (Even though it's technically only a four seater.... but we only had four seats once we put two car seats in anyway), gives us a reliable car that we don't have to worry about, and we won't have a car payment. It's a great solution and we will still be saving to eventually get rid of S's car and get a car with three rows!

Organizing

With the selling of the car came a mad scramble to find the car title.After digging through our filing cabinet and searching through three boxes that hold my really important stuff (The contents of these boxes included a high school journal, pictures from college I never want my kids to see, the t-shirt i wore for my 21st birthday celebration and a variety of old notes from friends... like I said, the really important stuff). I finally found the title in a lock box with our passports and social security cards.... who knew? Apparently we do actually have a box for the really really important stuff!

All of this led me to the conclusion that i needed to redo our filing so while L and L2 napped today I put Army Wives on Netflix and sat down to to the deed. It took a little over an hour but I finally condensed this:



And this:



Into this:


Considering most days I'm lucky if I find time to shower, I was pretty proud of myself!

So that's all that is going on in our lives these days! I'm excited for a hot breakfast date with a handsome two year old for Valentines Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment