Sunday, December 4, 2011

Party time!

We has a party for this little guy yesterday.



It was a "Welcome to the World" party, if you will. We decided not to have a baby shower for L2, opting instead to do something after he was here. This way friends that would have to come from further away would actually be able to meet him.

And the key to any great party? Lots and lots and lots of food. And we provided.


It was beautiful and amazing and special. As the guys and the older kids congregated on the back porch, playing darts and drinking beer (the guys, not the kids!)  the girls sat in the kitchen, reminiscing and catching up and passing a sweet new baby around. It warms my heart in ways I can't explain to see these girls who I've been through so much with holding and loving on my children. And it makes me realize that even though we don't have blood family here, we have friends who are like family and who would do anything for my kiddos. That is something to be very grateful for.


And one of my best friends from high school, Kelly, drove all the way down from Vegas to meet our new addition. How awesome is that?


Oh, and did I mention we ate???? Like, a lot!!!!!





It was a wonderful day that left both my kids completely tuckered out, but happy. And it left mama feeling very happy and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment