Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home again

We are back! Because we are spending Christmas in Phoenix, just us, this year, we decided to pack up our car and head down to California this weekend to visit my in-laws. It was nice being able to take a break from day to day life and work and the hustle and bustle of Christmas errands and just relax for a couple of days. L loved having the big house to run around in, and his grandparents absolutely adore him. Seriously, I think I only actually got to hold him a few times while we were there! Unfortunately, L and I were both fighting pretty nasty colds while we were there, but the fact that it rained and rained and rained made it the perfect scenario to snuggle up with hot tea and Christmas movies and just enjoy the gloomy and wet weather.







We did venture out once for my in-laws annual Christmas party. This year it was held at S's Aunt and Uncles ranch, which was about a two hour drive and probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Of course, in my stuffy headed and congested state I didn't bring my camera. I wanted to kick myself, this place was prime for gorgeous pictures. Hopefully my sister in laws boyfriend is going to send me some that he took, and I will post them if and when I get them.

 But let me tell you, this places was on acres and acres, with horses and goats and trails and trees and foliage. L walked the entire way down the path, looking at all the horses and loved playing in all the rock gardens  that were scattered throughout the house. (The rock gardens made S and I pretty nervous, seeing as how L really enjoying throwing the rocks. Inside.)

So besides lounging around and attending the Christmas party, it seems like L spent pretty much the entire time opening presents from people. Christmas definitely came early for this little boy! Watching S try to put together the horse the Grandma and Grandpa got him was pretty comical.







And L caught on pretty quickly how to make the horse talk by pushing his ear. And I mean the horse talks. His mouth moves and everything. It's equal parts cute and creepy.


And on our last night we opened our gifts from my in-laws, and of course L got even more gifts. It's amazing we even fit everything back in the car. And the thing is, despite all the amazing things L got, I think his favorite things by far were the bows, wrapping paper and tissue paper!







But now we are back, and oh it feel so good. I love going on vacation and "escaping" and all that, but vacations are all the more sweeter when you have a home to come back too. And now we are fully back into the swings of naps and diapers and errands and baking and wrapping and Christmas movies. The countdown to Christmas is nearing an end and I fully plan to spend the next three days fully immersed in all things joyous and festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment