Monday, February 5, 2018

2 weeks old

 Our sweet baby C is two weeks old, as of yesterday! It's hard to believe we waited for her for so long, and those last few weeks felt like an eternity, and now the time is flying by!


She is seriously the sweetest baby. She is incredibly mellow and really doesn't fuss too much, unless she is hungry. We gotten on a pretty good schedule of nursing every two to three hours and just in the last couple of days got over that hump where nursing hurt like a you-know-what, and now it is the easiest and most natural thing in the world. I've started pumping a little here and there to start building up a stash so S can give her the occasional bottle, and it always makes me feel good to see that I am definitely producing more than enough. 

Because S is home on paternity leave it is easy to stay up till 10-11 for her last feed, just hanging out and watching TV. Then she sleep usually until around 2, wakes up to nurse and S changes her diaper, and then sleep well again until 4:30 or 5. In the last few days we've mastered the side nurse so at this wake up I usually side nurse her on one side, we both doze off, and then about an hour later she wakes up and we side nurse/doze on the other side. S has been absolutely wonderful about getting up with the boys and doing all the morning routine and school drop offs, so C and I get to sleep usually until 7:30 or 8 and then we get up and she does a full nurse and I eat some breakfast. (And have some coffee!)


We are co-sleeping again, and right now she has a snuggle nest that is in the middle of our bed. I love it because she is right next to me, but still in her own space. We also had a friend give us a snuza alarm, which we've never used before but definitely helps put my mind at ease at night. (Except when it slips off at night and the alarm goes off.... then I have a heart attack! But that only happened once!)


Let's see, what else? Like I said, she is super easy. Because of this awful cold and flu season we are being pretty cautious when we take her out places, but I've been wearing her in a ring sling so no one can try to touch her or get to close and she seems to love it. She usually just sleeps the whole time we are out, and we've been able to have some nice lunches out and really make the most of S being home without being locked up in the house the whole time.



The boys have taken to her amazingly. L2 always says how cute she is, R always wants to touch her and kiss her and L is just always very curious as to what she is doing. I"m not sensing any resentment or jealousy from any of them, although surprisingly I think L is actually having the hardest time adjusting. I've come to the conclusion that this is because we had just come of Christmas break where S was also home a lot, but at that time it was all video games and park time and lots of fun stuff with Daddy, and I think he was expecting S being home on paternity leave to be the same, which is just isn't, First of all, they are obviously in school and sports have started up again, so video games and daily trips to the park just aren't a reality. And second we are all adjusting to a new baby. I feel bad though because L is usually my easiest kiddo and so I don't feel like I really prepared him for what it would be like what the baby came home, because I just didn't think he would be affected by it. But, he's a great big brother and I"m sure he will adjust soon.

 (Can you believe those big eyes? And they are looking very blue right now!)



My parents left last Wednesday and then S's parents came in to town on Friday to meet C. The boys were super excited to see them, and you could tell they were pretty in love with their first Granddaughter! I"m so grateful for all the family support and help we've had over the last few weeks, but I'm also looking forward to settling in to a routine as a new family of six!


And, just because I never had a chance to post it, and in some weird way I am finding myself missing being pregnant, here is my last bump picture at 38 weeks pregnant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment