Tuesday, January 16, 2018

38 weeks

Well, here I am.... 38 weeks pregnant! It's actually pretty hard to believe. On one hand, this pregnancy has flown by. We just had so much going on from the very beginning, with the house and moving and the kids and the holidays, it has made the time go by fast! On the other hand, I kind of feel like I've been pregnant forever, and now that i"m in the last weeks everyday feels like a month!

I'm definitely at the point where I am just done. I'm having lots of contractions, some that are pretty painful, but none that are sticking or progressing. I'm having horrible heartburn overnight, and also pretty bad pregnancy insomnia. My pubic bone feels like it's splitting in two, and I miss being able to pick things up of the ground without having to stop and catch my breath. Lol, those are all my complaints! But I'm trying to remember that there is a very good possibility that this is my last pregnancy, and I'm trying to embrace the last few days of feeling a little life moving and kicking and rolling inside of me. 

I have a doctor appointment on Thursday and I'm going to have my midwife strip my membranes (ouch!!!) and hopefully get things going this weekend. R came at 39 weeks so I"m holding out hope that I only have a week left at most! S and I are both getting so excited to meet this baby, not to mention to find out if it is a boy or a girl! I"m excited, but I also feel weirdly unprepared and nervous. I think it's a combination of not having had a newborn in four years, and also not knowing the gender. Like one hand I just feel like I don't totally remember how to do all this and juggle everything, and it also feels strange to have not bought a lot of stuff and especially to not have a name picked out! We have a list of boy and girls names that we will take to the hospital and we will choose from that after he/she is born, but with every other baby everything has been so prepared before their arrival! But I'm also trying to remind myself that it will all come back pretty quickly, I can amazon prime anything that I need, and I also have S home with me for 6 weeks to help us all get adjusted!

Anyway, here is my (maybe?) last bump picture at 36/37 weeks. If I"m still pregnant this weekend I'll try to take one more!



No comments:

Post a Comment