Sunday, August 21, 2016

Transitioning out of summer

Well, here we are, mid- august. The long and lazy summer days are officially behind us as we head into our third week of school,  and the old routines of early mornings, packing lunches, and homework are the new normal once again. I'm getting to the point in the year where I find myself getting excited about fall weather (or what passes for fall weather in Phoenix!),  and the upcoming holidays and birthdays. But for the next few weeks we will continue to soak up the last rays of summer.

So, here's what we've been up to lately!

Carpool:

With school comes signing up to be homeroom mom, buying new uniforms and school supplies, and activating our carpool group again. Seriously, carpool is my favorite. Not only because it gives me a major break on the days that i don't drive, but I really love the days that I do. I love having 5 kids pile into my car and talk over each other as the tell me all the ins and outs of their day. Also, it's the best way to get the dirt as to what's going on in your kids life!


Impromptu concerts

Here's the thing: We are responsible adults. We have young children that we have to get dressed and presentable and to school on time every morning. On most nights, we are in bed by ten.

But.......

When someone offers you Guns and Roses tickets on a random Monday night, you take of your pajamas, put on some eye makeup and you go.




And you have an amazing time, and you get home at 1 am, and the next day you are so tired you are pretty sure you are going to die.... but it's all worth it because what an amazing show!



Pool Days

Our pool days are going to start coming to an end soon. The days are getting relatively cooler.... and by cooler I mean it's 100 degrees instead of 115, but still. This time of year we usually have about a month left before we start switching out days at the pool for hiking on the weekends, so we're soaking it up while we can!





in the last few weeks the little boys (L2 and R) have really blossomed in the pool. Not only are the both jumping in, the are both kicking and swimming unassisted at least for several yards. I'm especially proud of L2, who is surprisingly buoyant after spending most of last summer sinking like a rock overtime he went underwater!





So here's to these last few weeks of summer! I hope everyone in enjoying them as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment