Friday, October 30, 2015

Fall Festival and pumpkin painting

Want to know what one of the best things about having a kindergartner is? It's getting to go in and volunteer in the classroom. Absolutely one of my favorite things is seeing how my boy interacts with his teachers and his friends, and I love getting to meet all of his little classmates and get to know some of the parents.


Since I'm the homeroom mom for L this year I've had a few opportunities to volunteer at his school, and yesterday I got to go help out for their "fall Festival". I spent the morning running one of the centers (We hammered tee's into a pumpkin and used chopsticks to move candy corn to different bowls!) and then I got to have lunch with L.

(L and one of his friends! They are so cute!)

After our fun day at the fall festival we continued our yearly tradition of painting pumpkins. We will carve our big pumpkins before Halloween, but every year I like to get a few small pumpkins and let the kids paint them. 

Here's the thing…. I have a love/hate relationship with this tradition. I love it, because it cute and fun and the kids think it's fun. But if I'm totally honest, the pumpkins hold their interest for about ten minutes and I end up with a huge mess to clean up! Oh well, such is the life of a mom I suppose. It didn't help that this year it poured so we had to do the painting inside!


We also had one of L's friends and our neighbor over to paint, so there were a lot of kids in our house! This was pretty much the only picture I got, and my fingers in the shot!


Oh well… Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment