Friday, May 22, 2015

Last day of school!

We've had a busy week here as we wrapped up the school year! I cannot believe that L is on his way to kindergarten next year, and L2 has one year of pre-school under his belt! (He has two left, since he is an October birthday!)

It's amazing to look back on this year and see how much they have both grown and changed. L2  was so sad on his first day of school. He was scared and didn't want to go. When I left him in the classroom I could hear him chase after me as he cried and called for me and banged on the door. It just about broke my hear, all I wanted to do was rush back in and take him home with me. Thank goodness I didn't, because now he loves school and I get nothing but glowing reviews from his teacher!


L2 didn't have any kind of ceremony or anything, since he is going back to preschool next year, but L had a full "graduation" as his class and him got promoted to kindergarten. It was an emotion day for me, I'm not going to lie. I can't believe he is almost six and on his way to "real school" in August. He is growing into such a little boy, I can't even believe he used to be a little baby.


Pre-K has been amazing for L. He has an awesome teacher and I loved watching as he learned so many new things. He is so inquisitive and funny and kind and I just love him more and more everyday.



I got our sweet neighbor to watch L2 and R for me today so I could spend the day with L at his school for his graduation ceremony and party. You could tell he was really excited about it, being the oldest of three we don't get a ton of one on one time these days. I loved being able to focus solely on him for a few hours and let him know how proud I was of him. The ceremony was sweet. The kids sung a few songs and then received their "diplomas" and then there was a slide show from the school year and their teacher made a speech. I'm not going to lie, but the end I was a mess and totally in tears.


It's hard to believe how big he is getting. I am so incredibly proud him. This year he has really shown how big hearted and inclusive he is with all the kids in his class, and I think that is so important.

(Him and his best school friend!)

(Miss Tanya, an amazing teacher!!)

(His diploma!)

I'm so proud of both of my boys and how well they did this school year, and I am looking forward to summer vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment