Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy 30th S!

S turned the big 3-0 on Tuesday, finally joining the rest of us in the exiting of his twenties. He has a late birthday, and when I turned 21 6 months before him I held it over his head the whole time I was heading out to the bars and he was staying home. The tables certainly turned when I turned 30 before him, and he has pretty much spent that last few months pointing out to me at every turn that I am older than him.

Not anymore my friend. We are now both officially adults who are 30. I still think its really weird.

I have to say, he entered into his 30's much more gracefully than I did. I pretty much spent my 30th birthday with a bottle of wine lamenting all the things I would never be able to do because i was so old!  I think it's a girl thing, don't judge me. S just wanted things low key so we celebrated with a few small presents and a yummy dinner of lobster and scallops! (Thanks to my in-laws for the Omaha Steak package!) and then spent the night talking and watching Orange is the New Black.

**Total side note, but have you watched Orange is the New Black yet? If not , you need to. Like right now. You'll thank me, I promise!

OK, back to the birthday business. S took today off so we could spend the day together as a family and continue on with the birthday celebrations. I got up early and made us a yummy breakfast of cinnamon rolls, an eggs/sausage/cheese dish and, of course, mimosas. After eating we ran a few errands and then headed into downtown Phoenix to eat a brewery that S has been wanting to try. It as a perfect little day and I love it when we get a day with S outside of the normal weekends.

I wish I had some pictures, but we were too busy just soaking it all in to remember to pick up the camera. But Happy birthday, S! We love you so much!

Anyway, the rest of our week is a little crazy. Tomorrow is going to be L's last day at his current school. That is a whole other blog post, but after a lot of thought we decided to enroll L is a 5 day a week, half day, pre-K program. It's a little sad that to be leaving, he loves his friends and teachers at his current school, but I think this will be a good move for him. We are bringing cupcakes and we got a gift for his teacher so he can have a  good "goodbye day" tomorrow.

Then on Friday we are loading everyone in the car and driving to Reno. This is defiantly a whole another blog post (Hey, I have eleven hours in the car on Friday, I guess I could write then!), but my parents decided to sell their house (My childhood home) and the sale went through last week. That means we had to move our pre-planned labor day trip up to next week so we can help my parents sort through stuff, pack stuff, and claim what we want. I'm having a lot of mixed emotions, mostly sadness, about the thought of them moving out of our house. I'm also excited about going, but it's stressful and I'm trying to get everything organized before we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment