Sunday, July 6, 2014

8 months

Baby R is 8 months old!!!


I cannot believe how lucky we are to have this little boy as our own. He is seriously the sweetest little thing I have ever met, and we love him so much! These days he is all over the place and very into trying to destroy anything he can get his hands on! He is cruising and crawling and starting to let go and work on balancing with no hands. He loves getting into the recycle and the dishwasher if we accidentally leave it open. He is still exclusively breastfeeding, and we are nursing about 5-6 times a day still. He is now eating a full stage two baby food at lunch and also a full one at dinner, and we've started giving him little bites of whatever food we are eating for dinner. So far he hasn't met a food he doesn't like!

His sleeping is OK. Sometimes we make it  through the night till about 5, sometimes it's more like 2 or 3. Lately it's been 3. It's OK, whenever he wakes up he just comes into bed with me, eats and we both go back to sleep. It's actually kind of cute, because he's in the pack in play right next to my bed, so when he wakes up at night he stands up and reached into the bed for me! I'm still not ready to move him into his own room.

He know has two teeth! As you can see in the pictures, I  got him an amber teething necklace, and I really think it has helped. I know a lot of people who swear by it, and an equal amount of people who say it's a scam, but it seems to be working for us. None of my kids have been awful teethers, but they have all been super drooly and ever since we got the necklace R hasn't had any drooling.

He seems to be having some separation anxiety. He does fine at the daycare in the gym and letting other people hold him, but if I leave the room to go upstairs or something he seems to think I'm abandoning him for life! 

He is getting more and more into playing with his brothers everyday. It's sweet, and for the most part they are very gentle and patient with him, although sometimes they need to be reminded about how little he is! L likes helping to feed him and he also like picking him up, although he is only allowed to do that with our supervision!

I can't believe it's been 8 months. It seems like everyday he is doing something new! I"m sure we will have lots of new updates when we do his 9 month update!

No comments:

Post a Comment